Research output per year
Research output per year
Research activity per year
I work with a number of universities and organisations
- Royal Far West
- LaTrobe University
- Aarhus University, Denmark
- University of Bergen, Norway
- Child and Youth Mental Health Services
- Surrey and Borders NHS Mental HealthFoundation Trust, UK
I am a member of the Local Organising Committee for the upcoming International Society for Research on Internet Interventions (ISRII) Conference in Auckland New Zealand 13-15 February 2019.
I supervise Masters level and HDR students studying a range of topics in clinical psychology, including
- developing or improving measures/assessment,
- understanding therapy processes related to symptom improvement
- predictors of outcome and matching clients to therapy
- experimental studies investigating social anxiety in youth
I am a practicing clinical psychologist, with a focus on evidence-based assessment and treatment. My research is informed by my clinical work, and my clinical work is informed by my research.
I teach on the Clinical Masters postgraduate coursework program and primarily run clinical trials on improving access to, and outcomes of, mental health interventions for youth.
Masters of Clinical Psychology
- PSYC995 Course Convenor
- PSYC998 Guest Lecturer
- I conduct professional training on the Cool Kids and Cool Little Kids programs.
- I regularly present community seminars on anxiety amongst pre-school and primary school children.
- I have appeared on Channel 7 Daily Edition and The Morning Show.
Professional Memberships and Clinical Registrations
I am a member of the Australian Psychological Society, Australian Association of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Anxiety Practitioners Network.
I am a registered Clinicial Psychologist PSY0001642431.
I am a Psychology Board of Australia Approved Clinical Supervisor.
- Increasing access to effective treatments for anxiety & related emotional problems in youth using technology.
- Improving outcomes of anxiety treatments in youth. Projects include developing and evaluating a novel intervention for children with social anxiety, developing assessment methods to identify individuals that may not respond as well as others to standard treatment programs.
- Improving engagement and motivation for treatment in order to enhance outcomes.
- Evaluating interventions in real-world settings for example community health, schools, clinical practice.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › Research › peer-review