Research Output per year
Grant Michelson is Professor of Management in Macquarie Business School. His research interests include corporate social responsibility (CSR), organisational behaviour (especially the role of communication in organisations), and how people experience work. He has extensive senior leadership experience and strategic capability in managing people, projects and processes across different institutions and national settings including:
- Associate Dean, Learning & Teaching (interim) in Macquarie Business School, Macquarie University from April to Sept 2020.
- Chair/Head of the Dept of Marketing & Management (and then Dept of Management) at Macquarie University from 2016 to Sept 2019;
- Associate Dean of Research and Higher Degrees in the Faculty of Business & Law at ECU in Perth from 2012 to 2015; and
- Professor and Director of Research at Audencia Business School, Nantes, one of France’s leading triple accredited grandes ecoles from 2008 to 2011.
- From 2009 until 2015 he also served on the international research advisory board of EADA Business School in Barcelona (top 30 European business school, FT rankings 2019).
Prior to moving to France he worked for 12 years in the Business School at the University of Sydney (1996 to 2007). During this time he was, inter alia, co-convenor of the Business and Professional Ethics Group (BPEG), and postgraduate coursework co-ordinator in his Department. Grant has enjoyed a range of visiting positions including to the Copenhagen Business School, Texas A&M University, Henley Business School (Malaysia), University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), and East China Normal University (ECNU). He has also taught as an adjunct lecturer in Singapore for the University of Southampton. Prior to gaining his educational qualifications from the Universities of Canterbury, Otago and Sydney, he began his career in the meat export industry in New Zealand (audit and procurement related functions) before working in local government.
The Transfer of management ideas to a western "Periphery": the case of corporate social responsibility in AustraliaWailes, N. & Michelson, G., 2008, In : International Studies of Management and Organization. 38, 4, p. 100-118 19 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › Research › peer-review