Research Output per year
- Strategic Management Journal
- Organization Science
- Australian Journal of Management
- European Journal of Management
- Journal of Social Entrepreneurship
- R&D Management.
- Lead guest editor on Special Issue on Neurodiversity and the Journal of Management and Organization (ABDC rank B), which is the official journal of the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management
Membership in Academic and Professional Organizations and Networks
- Academy of Management
- Strategic Management Society
- Verband der Hochschullehrer für Betriebswirtschaft e.V.
- European Group of Organisational Studies (EGOS)
Research student supervision
- Mentor for the Impact Social Enterprise, Brisbane
- University Advisor for the global Student Initiative Enactus at Leuphana University Lüneburg and UQ Business School
- Mentor in the study reflexion program at Leuphana University Lüneburg
- Doctoral Coachings through the organization of frequent research seminars and feedback sessions at the chair of Strategic Management at Leuphana University Lüneburg
- Internationally recognised scholar in the field of in the field of strategic management of social impact organisations, which is a new field of academic inquiry
- Published in leading international, peer-reviewed A* journals including: Strategic Management Journal, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, R&D Management, and Journal of Management & Organization and books (e.g. Routledge, Springer). Published influential practitioner reports (e.g. Leadership Manual with Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship with over 17,000 downloads to date)
- Successfully attracted competitive and industry research grants as a Chief Investigator of over 700,000AUD.
- Demonstrated impact of research on industry, government and policy; citation by media and policy (e.g., European Commission); advisor and speaker to industry and government (e.g., G20 Innovation Hub).
- Guest editorial role for Journal of Management & Organization, and regular reviewer for numerous A and A* journals.
- Consistently outstanding teaching evaluations.
- Significant leadership contribution as founding Director of UQBS UN PRME (United Nations’ Principles of Responsible Management Education) and the QLD Neurodiversity Hub
- Experienced in curriculum development and design, and teaching Masters and Undergraduate courses
- Faculty and teaching positions at University of Queensland, University of Technology, Sydney, Leuphana University Lüneburg, HULT Business School, London and Macquarie University
My vision in teaching is to inspire and enable business students to contribute to the society’s most pressing problems by (1) using their business and management skills and knowledge to create social impact (2) based on their capacity to act mindfully and in a self-reflective manner.
My dedication to teaching excellence is demonstrated through my consistent delivery of high quality, engaging courses that develop students as change agents across, undergraduate, postgraduate and MBA levels. I have over 12 years international teaching experience and have successfully developed, coordinated and taught a wide range of subjects such as Management and Organization Theories (PG), (Social) Entrepreneurship (PG), Strategic Management (UG) across undergraduate to MBA level. I am the recipient the 2018 ANZAM Educator of the Year award.
My research and teaching expertise centers around exploring strategic management issues of social impact organization such as the design of socially and commercially successful business models, growth and scaling strategies, competitive advantage and strategy, as well as leadership and governance practices within those organizations. I manage an international research and industry engagement portfolio in strategic management of social impact, for example, as the Autism CRC Project Lead on the Neurodiversity project, an Australian-first project focused sustaining and scaling autism employment.
Social Impact Organizations
- Neurodiversity and autism employment
- Scaling social impact
- Competitive advantage and strategy
- Social impact business models
- Leadership and governance for social impact
- Management and organization theories applied to social impact organizations
Reflexivity in Management Research and Teaching
- Role of mindfulness and personal development in the development of responsible leadership practices
- Metaphors in Entrepreneurship research
Freie Universität Berlin
Award Date: 1 Dec 2008
University of Mainz
Award Date: 1 Nov 2002
Senior Research Fellow2018
Director2018 → …
Adjunt Associate Professor, Intitute of Teaching and Learning Innovation (ITaLI)2018 → …
Advisor2016 → …
Research Fellow, Leuphana University Research Center for Entrepreneurship2014 → …
Mainstreaming neurodiversity for an inclusive and sustainable future workforce: autism-spectrum employeesKrzeminska, A. & Hawse, S., 2020, Industry and higher education: case studies for sustainable futures. Wood, L., Tan, L. P., Breyer, Y. A. & Hawse, S. (eds.). Singapore: Springer, p. 229-261 33 p.
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter › Research